Providing Solutions To Complex Legal Issues
Thomas G. Belden, focuses his practice on commercial real estate, commercial loan review, and buying, selling, developing, financing, leasing and tax planning in connection with the establishment, sale and purchasing of businesses, and real estate tax valuation complaints.
His extensive background includes experience with developers, builders, lenders, owners of manufacturing and service businesses, shopping centers, office buildings and industrial warehouses.
Tom has been co-editor of Matthew Bender & Co.’s Ohio Transaction Guide since 1975, Current Legal Forms since 1976 and Ohio State Taxation since 1989. He has also been a contributing author to CCH Federal Tax Service since 1989.
Tom is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan and Ohio State Bar Associations. He is former chairman of the Civil Service Commission for the City of University Heights, Ohio. He is also a former adjunct faculty member of Case Western Reserve Law School where he taught Real Estate Planning.
Tom attained his Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1971. He received an M.B.A. from the University of Michigan in 1967 and in 1966 he graduated with a B.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
While he was in law school, he was a member of the National Moot Court Team and Note Editor of the Case Western Reserve Law Review.
Tom is a member of the Order of the Coif, an honor society for lawyers who graduate in the top 10 percent of their class. He was admitted to the Ohio bar in 1971.
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1971
Member, National Moot Court Team
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration – 1967
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1966
- Ohio, 1971
- U.S. Tax Court
- Cleveland Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- University Heights Civil Service Commission, Chairman
- Order of the Coif, Member
- Editor of Matthew Bender & Company’s Ohio Transaction Guide, Current Legal Forms and Ohio State Taxation, 1976
- Ohio State Taxation, Matthew Bender & Co., 1986
- Contributing Author of the CCH Federal Tax Service
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Real Estate Planning, Case Western Reserve Law School