Providing Solutions To Complex Legal Issues
Roy A. Krall is a Shareholder and keeps offices in both Akron and Cleveland. His practice includes estate planning, trust and probate law and business law.
Roy was admitted to the Ohio Bar in 1989. He has also been admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio and the Internal Revenue Service.
Roy also taught Estate and Gift Tax as an adjunct professor at the University of Akron School of Law in 1997 and 1998, and in 2003 was among the first in Ohio designated as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the Specialty Board of the Ohio State Bar Association.
Roy has been honored with a Martindale-Hubbell AV rating. He has been recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer in Estate Planning & Probate every year since 2007 by Law & Politics Media, Inc. He has also been named as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates every year since 2006.
Roy has lectured and authored many articles on his areas of expertise and he serves on gift committees for several area nonprofit organizations. Prior to law school, Roy practiced as an actuary for a year at Buck Consultants in New York City.
Roy received his Juris Doctor degree cum laude from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and Bachelor of Arts cum laude in mathematics and economics from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. – 1989
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1985
Honors in Economics
- Ohio, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1993
- Cleveland Metropolitan and Akron Bar Associations
- Ohio Bar Associations
- The Ohio State Bar Association – Former Chair of the Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section Council
- The Akron Bar Association
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association – Curriculum Committee of the Estate Planning Institute
Classes & Seminars
- Estate Tax Issues for Retirees, Keystone, 1995 to 1995
- Swing Vote Control Premium, Akron Tax Club, 1995 to 1995
- Limited Liability Companies in Estate Planning, Akron Tax and Estate Planning, 1995 to 1995
- Probate Law Journal of Ohio – Editor
- University of Akron School of Law in 1997 and 1998, and in 2003, Estate and Gift Tax as an Adjunct Professor
- McCarthy, Lebit, Crystal & Haiman Co LPA, Associate, 00/1989 to 00/1994
- The Akron Bar Association Foundation – Fellow
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Foundation – Fellow
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) – Fellow
- Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates every year since 2006