Exceeding Your Business Law Expectations
Demanding excellence and responsiveness are second nature in your professional relationships, and your law firm should be no exception. At Cavitch Familo & Durkin, we go above and beyond to surpass your expectations. The firm has been an integral part of the growth and success of hundreds of companies — many of which we’ve represented for several generations. Our corporate attorneys work closely with business owners and executives to provide advice and guidance on many issues across a diverse range of transactions.
Setting You Up to Succeed
The following are examples of the services we can provide for your business:
- Business advisers – Our clients put us on speed dial, to discuss day-to-day opportunities and challenges. We will promptly handle a contract concern or strategize pathways to achieve your goals.
- Business formation – We work with clients to get new ventures off the ground and help them understand the different types of business models available, from S corporations to C corporations, from limited liability companies to joint ventures. We can also assist business partners in crafting new partnership agreements.
- Mergers and acquisitions – Engaging in the purchase or sale of a business marks a pivotal moment in your career. Our commitment lies in providing unparalleled value, offering the expertise reminiscent of larger firms without the hefty price tag.
- Real estate transactions – Our real estate attorneys have years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, lenders, developers, landlords, tenants, brokers and title companies in all aspects of their businesses.
- Shareholder issues – We assist business in drafting shareholder agreements and resolving shareholder disputes.
- Intellectual property – When businesses conceive ideas, designs, and processes, the imperative of safeguarding these creations cannot be overstated. Our role extends to guiding businesses through strategic measures to protect their intellectual property and assert their rights when necessary.
- Chinese business practice – We specialize in U.S. companies conducting cross-border transactions with Chinese companies, such as distribution, licensing, joint venture, and investment, and Chinese companies doing business in the U.S., such as setting up U.S. operations, U.S. mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolutions, and more.
- Business succession planning – What will happen to your business when you leave? Cavitch attorneys have many years of representing closely-held business owners and have particular and creative expertise in the area of corporate succession planning.
- Employment law and employee benefits – We provide legal counsel and practical advice on all aspects of the employment relationship that confront business owners with the aim to reduce the risks of litigation and counsel on difficult employment decisions, including ERISA compliance.
- Commercial transactions – We represent banks, institutional lenders and private lenders in connection with asset-based and real estate loan transactions, as well as assisting businesses with capital and secured transactions. Raising money from investors? Our team will ensure your fundraising complies with all applicable securities laws.
- Tax planning – Our attorneys understand the strategy behind sound tax advice and our tax lawyers work closely with our business, financial, estate planning and bankruptcy attorneys to provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to their tax law needs.
Our goal is to help you succeed. We believe that means getting it right from the outset. Despite your best efforts, your business may find itself in a legal dispute. Our experienced litigation lawyers will advocate for you in such cases.
Discover How We Can Be of Service
We look forward to discussing how Cavitch Familo & Durkin can help your business succeed. To schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer, please contact our Cleveland office by calling 216-621-7860.
Click here to view the attorneys within this practice area.