Exceeding Your Business Law Expectations
You have come to expect excellence and responsiveness from your employees and business partners. It should be no different from your law firm.
Cavitch Familo & Durkin will exceed your expectation. The firm has been an integral part of the growth and success of hundreds of companies — many of which we’ve represented for several generations. The lawyers in our business law practice work closely with business owners and executives to provide advice and guidance on many issues and in a broad array of transactions and contexts.
Setting You Up to Succeed
The following are examples of the services we can provide for your business.
- Business advisers – Our clients put us on speed dial, to discuss day-to-day opportunities and challenges. We will promptly jump into service—to handle a contract or strategize pathways to achieve your goal.
- Mergers and acquisitions – When you buy or sell a business, it is one of the most important times of your life. It’s not the time to get cheap, but you also don’t want a lawyer to take advantage of you. We deliver the best value in the market—big-firm skills without the big-firm price tag.
- Real estate transactions – Our real estate attorneys have years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, lenders, developers, landlords, tenants, brokers and title companies in all aspects of their businesses.
- Chinese business practice – We have a practice dedicated to assisting companies based in China or doing business with Chinese companies.
- Business succession planning – What will happen to your business when you leave? Cavitch attorneys have many years of representing closely-held business owners and have particular and creative expertise in the area of corporate succession planning.
- Employment law and employee benefits – We provide legal counsel and practical advice on all aspects of the employment relationship that confront business owners with the aim to reduce the risks of litigation and counsel on difficult employment decisions, including ERISA compliance.
- Commercial lending, capital and finance – We represent banks, institutional lenders and private lenders in connection with asset-based and real estate loan transactions, as well as assisting businesses with capital and secured transactions. Raising money from investors? Our team will ensure your fundraising complies with all applicable securities laws.
- Tax planning – Our attorneys understand the strategy behind sound tax advice and our tax lawyers work closely with our business, financial, estate planning and bankruptcy attorneys to provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to their tax law needs.
Our goal is to help you succeed. We believe that means getting it right from the outset. Despite your best efforts to do everything correctly, your business may find itself in a legal dispute. Our experienced litigation lawyers will advocate for you in such cases.
Discover How We Can Be of Service
We look forward to discussing how Cavitch can help your business succeed. To schedule an appointment, please contact our Cleveland office by calling 216-621-7860.
Click here to view the attorneys within this practice area.