Protecting Your Real Estate Investments
If you own an interest in real estate, you need a lawyer on call who knows how to plan and execute every major transaction and knows these deals inside and out. But this lawyer can’t be a one-trick pony, because real estate requires far more than mere knowledge in real estate law. Today, real estate involves securities issuances, environmental considerations, and a keen knowledge of the intersection of corporate and tax law.
Cavitch Familo & Durkin’s real estate team has years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, lenders, developers, landlords, tenants, real estate brokers and title companies in all aspects of their businesses throughout northeast Ohio and beyond Their comprehensive knowledge and dedication make them a trusted partner for navigating the complexities of real estate transactions.
Ensuring A Smooth Real Estate Transaction
We carefully examine all of the issues related to the successful completion of real estate transactions, including:
- Purchase and sale of residential and commercial property – From the beginning of negotiations, through the documentation and due diligence process, to the completion of the closing, our experienced lawyers will attend to every detail.
- Financing real estate – We represent lenders and real estate investors. This diverse experience gives us an advantage in understanding how to negotiate and efficiently close a loan transaction.
- Syndication of ownership – Few real estate lawyers understand the complexity of creating a legally compliant investment fund, whether in the structure of an LLC, a limited partnership, or a tenancy in common. We bring the two worlds together in a one-stop shop for fund sponsors.
- Development projects – Our real estate lawyers assist our clients from the beginning of a land purchase, through the documentation and development process.
- Leasing – We handle many types of real estate leases, including industrial leases, oil and gas leases and commercial leases for office buildings and retail spaces. In addition, property managers rely on Cavitch Familo & Durkin’s lawyers for day-to-day advice about residential and retail lease agreement issues.
- Corporate formation and advisory services – The structure of your real estate venture is critical and not always obvious. Getting it right can be the difference between success and failure, when it comes to tax planning, liability protection, and succession planning. Cavitch Familo & Durkin’s lawyers stay up on the most recent opportunities, including being on the cutting edge of Series LLC formation.
This is just a short list of the many aspects of real estate law we handle. To find out how we can assist you, please contact our office.
Litigating Real Estate Disputes With Confidence
When outsiders challenge your interest in your property, you must defend that interest. Real estate laws are complex and unique from other areas of law. You do not want to trust your real estate dispute to just any litigator. Our real estate litigation team understands the complex laws involved, as well as the special rules of evidence applicable to real property cases.
Speak With One Of Our Real Estate Lawyers
We have the experience and skill to protect your property investment. To discuss your legal needs, schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers. You may call our Cleveland office at 216-621-7860.
Click here to view the attorneys within this practice area.