Trusted Guidance During Difficult Family Law Conflicts
Family law issues are among the most emotionally difficult areas of law. If you are facing a divorce or an issue regarding your children, you want a trusted legal guide who will fight for your interests and help you develop a brighter future for your family.
At Cavitch Familo & Durkin, our dedicated family law attorneys, Bradley Hull, Katie Kirby, Roger Kleinman, Morgan Schweighoefer, and Mary Sotera have the depth of experience and knowledge needed to handle any type of family law matter in Ohio. They are backed by a law firm that has been serving the Cleveland area since 1886. Whether you have questions about prenuptial agreements, need to modify a past court order or want an advocate for your divorce, they are here for you.
Handling Your Divorce Or Dissolution With Care
Whether you and your spouse have agreed on an amicable dissolution, or you need a full divorce proceeding, we offer compassionate service to guide you through the process. In many cases, couples are able to agree on a majority of issues, but other cases include difficult situations, such as domestic violence, that require an experienced and skilled hand.
In all divorces, you must divide your marital property. Ohio utilizes an equitable distribution process to ensure that all of the marital assets and debts are equitably divided between the parties. Equitable does not necessarily mean “even” but, more importantly, “fair.” Mr. Hull has experience handling complex property division issues such as:
- Family businesses and other business investments or interest
- Stocks, bonds and dividends
- Pensions, 401(k)s and other retirement accounts
- Spousal support, also known as alimony
- Real estate and property investments
Our attorneys will utilize, when necessary and appropriate, property valuators, forensic accountants, pension and retirement valuators, and other experts to properly value your assets. This allows us to better advise you and advocate on your behalf concerning these assets.
Issues Involving Children
If you are a parent, you likely value your relationship with your children above all others. Cavitch will fight to protect that relationship and advocate for your child’s best interest in a number of areas, including:
- Child custody and visitation – Many parents worry about protecting the time they have with their children. We can help with everything from working with a guardian ad litem to creating shared parenting plans.
- Child support – Ohio provides guidelines for financial support, but many factors can affect them.
- Parental relocation – When one parent has to move, you may need to alter custody or support orders.
- Enforcement of court orders – If you have issues with your ex regarding abiding by child support or visitation schedules, we can assist you.
Our experienced family law attorneys will guide you through the custody process and explain the various options, including full custody, legal custody, physical custody and shared parenting. In most cases where the parties are able to communicate, shared parenting will be the solution.
How Can We Help?
We represent both men and women throughout northern Ohio. If you have a family law matter, please contact us as soon as possible to find out how we can help. You may call our Cleveland office at 216-621-7860.
Click here to view the attorneys within this practice area.