Providing Solutions To Complex Legal Issues
N. Lindsey Smith is a Shareholder of Cavitch Familo & Durkin Co., LPA focusing on Estate and Business Planning. He is a graduate of Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, with a B.S. in Business Administration with a major in pre-law. Lindsey attended The University of Toledo College of Law for his Juris Doctor degree. In 1980, after several years of practice with the Legal Department of National City Bank (now PNC Bank), he formed Smith and Condeni. In 2015, he merged his practice into Cavitch, recognizing that to better serve his many clients, he needed to be part of a larger firm that could provide more diverse services to them.
Lindsey is the author of Wealth Management Through Estate Planning, an informative book written for laypersons and financial advisors that explains the concepts and strategies of estate planning and how it is integrated with clients’ wealth management. He is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cleveland Bar Association, the Estate Planning Council and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
His skills and experience in estate planning have been recognized by his selection as an “Ohio Super Lawyer”, a designation reserved for attorneys considered to be in the top 5% of Ohio lawyers. He has also received recognition from Worth Magazine as one of the top 100 estate planning attorneys in its nationwide evaluation. The Society of Financial Service Professionals of Cleveland selected him as their 2011 Professional of the Year. Lindsey is a past President of this organization. His charitable efforts are mostly focused on Our Lady of the Wayside, which owns and operates homes for disabled adults. He is a long time Board Member.
- Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Elder Law
- Disability and Special Needs Planning
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- Juris Doctor
- Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Business Planning with Life Insurance
- Protecting Assets Through Business Reorganization
- The Optimal Benefits Trust
- The Life Insurance Limited Liability Company
- The Family Gift Trust
- Super Lawyers
- One of the top 100 estate planning attorneys, Worth Magazine