Providing Solutions To Complex Legal Issues
Shareholder Timothy D. Johnson is an experienced attorney with a vast background assisting clients with many complex and varied legal issues.
Tim’s litigation practice focuses primarily on legal malpractice defense, commercial disputes, insurance coverage claims and premises liability. He also advises corporate clients in the areas of real estate and general business law.
Tim has been president of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys and the Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys. He has been listed as an “Ohio Super Lawyer” every year since the designation’s inception and has been listed as “The Best Lawyers in America” since 1997, Tim is A/V rated from Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to being a past president and former trustee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Tim served as the chairman of its Litigation Section, its Judicial Selection Committee and its Common Pleas and Court of Appeals Committee. From 1998 until 2004 he was a State Representative for the Defense Research Institute and is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel. He is also a life member of the Judicial Conference of the Eighth Judicial District.
Tim is past president of St. Ignatius High School’s Father’s Club and Booster Club and served on its Board of Regents for six years.
He received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree from Xavier University in 1970 and a Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1974. Tim is admitted to practice law in the State of Ohio, as well as before the U.S. District Court, Northern District and the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 00/1974
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B.S.B.A., Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – 00/1970
- Loyola University, Rome
- Ohio, 1974
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Bar Association, Member, Common Pleas & Court Appeals Committee, 1982
- Cleveland Bar Association, Member, Judicial Selection Committee, 1986
- Cleveland Bar Association, Council Member, Litigation Section, 1989 to 1990
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
Classes & Seminars
- Judicial Conference Life Member
- The Best Lawyers in America since 1997
- Ohio Super Lawyer
- A/V rated from Martindale-Hubbell